Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Nutshells and Acorns.

Gosh I miss blogging! Well writing in general to tell you the truth. Sometimes it really is the most simple things that make us the most happy. A cool breeze when you open your front door. A good book on a rainy day. Your favorite song on the radio. Or that winding road surrounded by trees that makes you feel like you're on the set of Twilight. Okay, maybe that last one is just me....

A lot has happened over the summer and fall is in full force. The weather has gotten cooler, leaves are starting to change and OU/Texas is just around the corner. This is my favorite time of year. Of course normally fall is a relief from the Oklahoma summers of 100+ degrees, and while it definitely didn't reach that heat in Pennsylvania, I'm glad summer's over.

I've been at the salon here for 8 months already. Man that time certainly did fly by! I've accumulated quite a few clients and I'm slowly gathering more. The owner is about to celebrate the shop's 25th anniversary, which is pretty cool. We'll have a big party, so if you're in the area and want an invite let me know.

In addition to the salon, I've decided to become a PartyLite consultant. It has been so much fun so far. I've met a lot of really great people, made some extra money, and who doesn't love candles?! I've always had a bunch of candles in my room as long as I can remember, so it seems only fitting that I now sell them. Nate and I just got in our Ginger Pumpkin scented tealights tonight and they are definitely one of our favorites.

The other big news is that I was published in a magazine! It's two full pages of Ashley Rachelle, which includes three photos by two different photographers. A huge thanks to Pamela Kay for putting on the photoshoot last December. All the models and photographers involved are awesome, and in my case the gift just kept on giving!

I'll post links, photos, and additional tidbits on everything later, but for now that's an update in a nutshell. It's definitely my bedtime...

1 comment:

Sabrina A. Fish said...

Wow! Congrats on getting published in a magazine, chica! So excited for you.