Thursday, March 12, 2009

Human.

Seriously. I'm not sure if I love the song for the song, the memories, or both. Maybe it's more than that. It's finding that balance between friends, family, and boyfirends, living in a way that's oportunistic and driving the coolest car I could get my hands on. Whatever it is, the song does nothing but put a smile on my face and make me feel like all the pieces fit.

I'm always making little paper cranes. Gum and candy wrappers, calendar pages, just whatever I have when I have a spare moment. They got left on chairs in classrooms, benches on campus, and desks at work. They accumulate and eventually disappear or people pick them up carrying them into their moments. I was sent the cutest little bamboo-type box by one of my favorite clothing companies and I couldn't figure out what to do with it. Supposedly if you have 1000 of them, you get a wish. So I'm collecting them when I think about it, when I don't give them away and one of these days I'll have a box full. Maybe by then I'll know what I want to wish for.

No comments: